Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Teaser Tuesday ~ A Year In The World

Today's teaser comes from A Year In The World by Frances Mayes
Bodnant was also someone's dream, but only of a house and large garden. We glanced at the upright Tudor mansion, perkier than most, with many pointed dormers and crisp white paint between the beams. The sublime first impression of wide terraces above the river Conwy and views of mountains only began the extravagant delights of Bodnant.
(pg. 221 hardcover)
Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE "A Year In The World," it's fantastic :)

Emily said...

I love this book because I am able to pick it up at any chapter, no need to read through from beginning to end, and I am in a different part of the world!

Thanks for reading!

Nise' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nise' said...

That is a great recommendation Emily! Loved the picture of your cat on the table.

If I could type, I wouldn't have to delete my comments.