Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Alternate Universe (or NaNo Day 5)

Ever have one of those days when nothing seems like it's normal? 

Like you are driving to work, minding your own business and suddenly you snap to attention to realize that the light you sit at for a good 3 minutes every day is actually green this time and you go right through? And then you get to work and pull into the parking lot next to a car you've never seen before. In fact, you've never seen any of the cars around you. The people walking in with you aren't the usual faces either. And the whole day goes from there. It's your life, it's what you do every day but each encounter seems a little ... off. 

That's been my day today. I don't think I should drive anywhere else. I'm liable to end up west of the Mississippi without any idea how I got there. 

Anyway. 

Today I wrote and worked on my writing playlist. I find that music gets me into the heads of my characters. Here is a small sampling of the songs I listen to while writing Enchanted Temptation

(I would provide links to these songs, or at least the artist website but I'm afraid I'll hurt myself or worse, my laptop which is my lifeline these days)

Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now - Joss Stone
Upbeat tempo about two people who find themselves in love but aren't quite sure how to proceed now. 

Temporary Angel - Pat Green
What do you do when you enter into a relationship you thought was a fling and suddenly you're in so deep, you know you won't ever leave? 

Bubbly - Colbie Calliet
This is a "every time" add for me. It's about the moment you realize exactly how the other person makes you feel. It's that perfect moment, before doubt creeps in. 

Songbird - Eva Cassidy
Slow, sultry, Eva. You should just listen to it. 

I realize that's only four songs but I have at least 35 on my list. These are the most prominent though, the ones that really describe Philippa and Finn for me. 

Do you have certain songs you listen to while you write?
 
NaNo Word Count: 4,316

No comments: