Thursday, May 14, 2009

Visual Inspiration

I surfed the Internet today instead of writing. OK, to be fair I really didn't have time to sit down and write. I had to do some work here at home, general cleaning kept me busy and I had a job interview this afternoon (that didn't really turn out to be for an actual job - but maybe more on that later). So in just the few minutes I had to devote to my manuscript, I did a bit of research on English Gardens. I felt it was a good thing to research because, honestly, what regency novel have you read that hasn't had the amorous couple tromping through a winding garden path away from the ball? (Bad heroine! Like you didn't know what was going to happen!) Anyway, I found some great pictures and one in particular struck my fancy. Take a gander and see what you think. (Thanks Beth for the link!)

1 comment:

Keli Gwyn said...

Emily,

I think research is fun and a nice way to spend the few minutes you had.

That garden is lovely. I'd love to take a stroll through it with you.