Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cue Lights and Angel Music

So. 

Yesterday was a little painful. One crappy false start followed another crappy false start which then followed one more HUGE crappy false start. Yeah, a whole scene worth of crappy. So I went to bed with a headache and I really wanted that hot bath, chocolate and cry that a very understanding co-writer suggested. 

Today I woke up, looked at my manuscript (before my kid woke up laughing - LOVE when that happens) and thought, "more crap."

Except, I was wrong. Today was not crappy. You know when you start out writing a scene and it just ... runs? Especially after trying to get it right for a whole day? Then with a fresh perspective you start writing that first sentence, then the next and the next and before you know it you have a whole page and you think: "yup, this is what I wanted, this works, this is awesome."

I mean, the awesome feeling will pass. I'll read it back later and think: "hm, OK, this doesn't make sense, this needs to be changed and this is just dumb." But all along, this scene ... it works. This is it.

1 comment:

Keli Gwyn said...

Hallelujah! So glad to hear things are flowing freely and that you're having fun with your writing again.