Monday, November 23, 2009

And Adding Another ...


I was in Barnes and Noble today during lunch because all my friends ditched me. (You know who you are) and I stumbled across this.

I met Jan two years ago at a conference and I really enjoy her books although she dropped of my author radar for awhile there. But she's back and with a brand new Christmas novel. And yay! This is just the first of three with the second scheduled for next December. A three-year Christmas trilogy.

Here's the back blurb:

Reid Barclay doesn’t have time for Christmas, not with trouble brewing at the Crown Seven Ranch. He’s got prize thoroughbreds to protect, and an long-ago wrong that he wants to make right. But the beautiful cook who’s taken over the ranch kitchen is a welcome distraction, even if Ellie Jo Cade burns everything from gingerbread to roast beef. Her sweet face and womanly figure are pure temptation…

Cornhusk angels…bright berry garlands…spun-sugar snow—everything about Christmas holds fond memories for Ellie Jo. She’s doing her best to make peace with an ornery wood-burning stove and make the old ranch house truly festive. All she wants is to believe in Reid…and the only-at-Christmas magic that makes hearts glow…

So this evening I'm curling up with my new read (after the baby is in bed, and the dishes are done, and I do a few pre-Thanksgiving chores, and I check my email, and watch How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory and ... oh dang, there goes my reading time!)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Nice... cover on that one. Yes.