Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Future Book Reviews

Today is Tuesday which means it’s Emily’s usual day to post a review. Unfortunately Emily doesn’t have a book to review. Why? Because the holidays have sucked the life out of me and I am slowly trying to reclaim it. So I apologize for the lack of book review today. Instead here is a list of books I am going to review in the future. 

It’s been awhile since I’ve read a contemporary and I am eager to get back into them.

Star Bright by Catherine Anderson – She’s fleeing from an abusive husband and finds refuge on a horse ranch. He’s determined to save her from her past and love her in the future … but can she trust him and herself enough to have the life she deserves?

A Coventry Wedding by Becky Cochrane – a bride running away? I’m hooked. Running to the middle of Texas? Hello, I’m buying. Throw in a dog and a chocolate festival and I say we got ourselves a winner ladies. Let’s hope this book delivers because I am really excited about this one.

And now, back to the historical …

To Seduce a Texan by Georgina Gentry – Set during the Civil War an outlaw kidnaps a banker’s stepdaughter. I wasn’t really convinced until I read the opening chapter compliments of Amazon.

Give Me a Texan by Jodi Thomas, Linda L. Broday, Dewanna Pace, and Phyliss Miranda – Thomas is the draw for me on this anthology of the American West but with three other potential must-read authors, I couldn’t pass this one up.

So, that’s what I have coming up in the future. You may have noticed I read mostly Westerns and Regencies but I am open to contemps too. If you have a book out there you’d like me to review, just drop me a line at elbecher@gmail.com. Until then, happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next on my list is a book called Sammie's Hill. Then I have One Fifth Avenue. But I am determined that 2009 is the year I am going to get through Anna Karenina. I'm a big fan of the classics, but have been on a contemp kick for a while now...happy reading to you, too!